Saturday 20 August 2011

Words Of The Lonely

My mornings are damp and dim
My heart is so heavy, my face is
long and slim
I hear screams in my chest and
wails in my head
The flow in my viens is dead
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Loneliness is louder than the
traffic at rush hour
More painful than a small needle
straight through the heart
Its your surest way to burn
calories
My energy is draining, I need new
batteries
----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
My nights are cold and long
My pillows are the victims of
every possible assault
Yet my bed screehes like a belly-
filled parrot
My heartburns feels like they've
been paid for
My soul is in the blinder... been
gnashed
----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
There are tales of earthly angels
There are talks of beauty that
melts scars from the temples
A soul-mate that drives away the
lonely wrinkles
But there are not enough zeros in
my accounts
Since its the only thing bought for
me
I will kiss loneliness till destiny
changes my waters...
Nana Quajo Manuel®
©2010**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting Posts